<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/3674583875981875553?origin\x3dhttp://pretty-pencils.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Saturday, October 9, 2010

You Are My Destiny, Jai Ho

I haven't blogged in ages about my lovely weekdays and/or weekends with my dear friends and him. I have been very lazy. But tonight, a few hours before I fly off to Phuket for my company retreat, I shall have a quick update on what I have been doing.

Things that I did since the last time I had a proper blog post:

1. We went to Buangkok Kampung (the last ever Kampung in Singapore). A lot of heat, sweat and mozzies. A kampung dog barked at me and I jumped.

2. We went to Lim Chu Kang cemetery HAHA. Okay actually we missed a bus stop while trying to go to Chengtai nursery to buy a bonsai. I live so near the place but we still missed the stop. Hence, we walked past a cemetery and he wanted to go see. He then made me read out the chinese words on the tombstone. I didn't dare to read but just told him what I thought was written on the tombstone. He wanted to go deeper into the cemetery but I got freaked out. Now, whenever my bus passes by that stop, I do not dare look at that cemetery. So anyways, we went to buy our bonsai and we named it Boni the Bonsai. Its like our baby haha.

3. Hung out at Tanjong beach club on one of the Sunday evenings. It is really where all the SPGs hang out. You would feel like you are overseas, or on a Gossip Girl set. Right smack in the middle of that bar/restaurant is a swimming pool, where people wear bikinis with heavy makeup and strawhats and sip cocktails while kissing some angmoh guy.
Earlier in the afternoon that day, we walked past the pretentious club and he settled me down on the beach. He brought me ice cold water, aviators, and BBC Knowledge for me to read. He sat me down on a beach towel he brought and put a bunch of bananas on it. When I asked him why the bananas, he said "so that you can look more tropical". He then went for his run. When he got back, we went back to the ay-tas club and caught up with his friends.

4. Met the Crescent girlies for Korean food one day after work! It was such good catchup. So nice to see them all again after sooooooooooo long......

5. Last Saturday...I went for a 5km Pink Ribbon Walk/Run with darling Cassandra!!! :) It was my first time taking part in something like that. It was all very pink and happening and I feel like that event was like made for me!! There were many old aunties all dressed up as if they were going for some Halloween Party. I will join a 5km race next time!!! So inspired. Actually, joining this Pink Ribbon Walk is my first step in trying to be more part of his life since he is such an athlete. (Okay people, please don't diss me okay. I am trying.)

6. I WENT TO EAST COAST TO SUPPORT HIM AT HIS FIRST TRIATHLON RACE LAST SUNDAY. Omg it was very very fun. I had to busy myself to take pictures at the starting and end points of each leg of the race. And...he came in 28th out of more than 140 people. I am so proud.

7. Movies watched......a) the legend of Chen Zhen. Omg it sucks. Please don't watch it. b) Shawshank redemption. This is a damn good movie. PLEASE WATCH IT. It is about having hope in life and how it can drive and motivate a person. Living a life without hope is like...suicidal?

8. On Thursday, he took to me to work. After sending off his cousin at the airport, he picked me up at Cityhall at 845am in the morning and took the bus with me to Concourse. I took him to Starbucks below my office where he did his work till it was lunch time for me. I then took him to Golden Mile to eat at my favourite Thai Stall. I was very happy. After work, we went to some ay-tas art exhibition together with one of his friends. I just sat around waiting for the waiters to come by with red wine and small bites.

9. Today...I can't believe the salesperson at the salon talked me SO EASILY without any effort into buying a leg waxing package and an additional eyebrow package when I haven't even finished using my current package. What's wrong with me. Okay, at least I don't have to worry about leg hair and eyebrow hair for at least another year. Sigh, I feel so broke now. Oh..and i did nails today too. I spent so much money i feel like i shouldn't shop again for like two months.

10. Oh ya, by the way, for my Phuket trip with the company, we have to come up with a performance. And I am in the committee to organise the performance. Guess what, we are dancing to Jaiho to represent the East and Poker Face to represent the West. This is to showcase that MB is like universal and diverse and all that stuff. And finally we will sing We are Family to say that we are one big family. And I am in charge of coming up with the dance steps for Jai Ho and I am dancing that. I taught my team how to dance it together with a few others. Some say that I should quit being a researcher and go be a dance instructor. I choose to take that as a compliment. As a result of this, Jai Ho has been stuck in my head all week.

11. Okay i guess i had better go to bed. Have to wake up soon to do my final packing before flying to Phuket. Till I come back. I love all my friends. *Catch me catch me catch me.....*

11:44 PM

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥


Ang Xu Yun
Axy Pretty Pencils Pancakes Juliet
22
24 May 1988
NUS
angxuyun@hotmail.com

Tagboard


Archives
June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011