Rustic Weekend
I bought her and her new name is Rustic.
The name was inspired by darling Twinnie Victoria Choo hahaha.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It has been a very eventful weekend with quite a number of unexpected happenings. Even my current location is a place that I did not exactly foresee myself to be at. Right at this moment, as I am typing this on Microsoft Word, I am seated at a pavilion at Changi beach alone. There are ants and sand around me and I really look more like I should be at a café instead of a (not so developed) beach. I am dressed in a cotton sundress, wrapped in one of my blue shawls, have heavy gold earrings dangling from my ears and carrying a bag both so expensive and so sentimental that I would really have preferred not to bring it at all. This is not to mention that I had just spent a small bomb on my perfectly manicured nails just yesterday. I don't mean to sound like some arrogant bitch but yeah, for illustrative purposes...haha.
But yes, I am already here and I am not really complaining. I am just sitting down quietly waiting as I occasionally look up from my laptop and watch him while he attends his triathlon training together with a group of enthusiasts (definitely not me). I feel like a nice girlfriend. In every ten min or so, there would be an SIA plane flying just above me (looks like its crashing into me), either about to land in Changi Airport or just about to fly off to somewhere else on the other side of the world. Changi beach is really quite beautiful with very tall trees and makes you feel like you are overseas.

He's right there! Training with the rest haha. I don't even know which one is him.
Well, there is a reason why I ended up here. Initially, the training was supposed to be at East Coast and the plan was that I wait at Macdonalds in air conditioned comfort while he attends his training. But the world is just against us and the training is actually at deserted Changi beach instead…..
Okay now…to recap the weekend…….
Friday night......
Was Pepsi Team BBQ. For the first time, every single member on the team was there and everyone brought along their partners, including me. I brought him along and I am so glad he got along so well with everyone, especially my boss hahaha. Just before we went over to my boss’s place, he decided to buy wine and I insisted we get those disposable wine (plastic) glasses and everyone loved them. We are such champions. The BBQ itself wasn’t that fantastic but I was just glad that he went and we had each other.
Saturday….
Meetup with Lover and Geok Meng. We had brunch at Black Boss (Dim Sum!) and it was quite good! Thereafter….we went to do our nails together and then we went to buy BB cream and pressed powder for me because I felt like trying new makeup!
Later in the afternoon I left the girlies and went to meet him and his friends at Robertson Walk where we had tea at Canele. That was a spontaneous meetup. Discussed about future trips and talked nonsense. Went to town to fetch his earphones and I bought Rustic.
Expensive Saturday.
On Sunday.........which is today...
Ten million people hijacked my cab. I was so annoyed. I picked him up when I finally got a cab and the cabbie took us to another world....Changi Village. We had lunch there. Bad nasi lemak. I wonder which is the good stall.
After lunch, he had to bike to the beach and I had to go on the bus because it was too far for both of us to walk together and to push the bike at the same time. So we parted ways for abit.
Things that went wrong when we were apart:
1. I forgot to renew my concession and my EZ Link had no money. Luckily the bus driver was kind enough to take me for free.
2. I overshot the bus stop I was supposed to alight at. And I had no idea the bus that I was on goes into the airport cargo area and that requires an airport pass. The police came on the bus and asked me for it. I was like "Erm sorry? what do you mean?" I thought I arrived at customs or something. He then told me to cross to the opposite side to take the same bus when it comes out of the airport. I almost threw a tantrum on the spot at him. I then remembered that he is the police.
3. When the bus finally came out after I waited for ten min (in the ten min, I saw planes take off so near me)the bus driver told me that the place I wanted to go to was of walking distance from that stupid airport cargo area. I wanted to cry.
I walked like 5678998764 km before I saw him cycling towards me in the end. PHEW. He settled me down at the bench and went off for his training.
And then here I am typing this.......waiting for him :)
Love, Axy (at 4pm thereabouts).
10:41 PM
