<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/3674583875981875553?origin\x3dhttp://pretty-pencils.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Monday, July 12, 2010

Adult Life Phase One

It should be my sixth week at MB now. I don't think there is much to talk about for work because all is going pretty well and what is expected to happen is happening. I am getting busier but not drowning yet. I know that I would be very busy from mid to end July because of the various reports due. So, I really should treasure knocking off on time.

I attended my convocation a couple of days ago, just last Thursday. Unlike many of my fellow graduates, I kinda graduated alone. I didn't exactly have any close friends with me at all. No one significant (other than my parents, which of course, don't really count because they are, by default, supposed to be there) was present at the ceremony either. I hope that this is not an expression of my popularity with friends or my very limited social circle. I guess I just didn't quite bother. I made a new friend at graduation, a girl who was sitting quietly next to me. I thought I had better talk to someone lest I feel bored for the entire ceremony....So I went like "CONGRATS!" and shamelessly began talking to her. Her name is Ashikin.....a very sweet and pretty young lady.....

I am so glad to have had her for the ceremony because it did make the whole suspense a lot more memorable with someone to share the moment with me. We held each other's hands as we waited in the corridor for our turn to get on the stage. As we inched step by step to the end of the corridor to go on to stage, we gave each other a tight hug and got so nervous and said "GOOD LUCK" to each other although we didn't really know why on earth would we need luck to receive our scrolls.

I don't know how much pride did my parents feel for me but I guess they were really very happy. Took some pictures and left school.

Last week, I also met many people for dinners after work:

Monday - Eunice and Huiyi at Shaw for Thai food.

Tuesday - Eunice Teoh and Perthie friends for Ippudo.

Friday - Adele and Julie for Togi.

Good catchup sessions :)

Over the weekend, I also attended a friend's baby's one year old party. The very enthusiastic mother waved her boy's hand at me and said (in baby talk fashion) "SAY HELLO TO AUNTIE AXY!!" I was rudely awakened. I even signed off as "Auntie Axy" for the birthday card. The upcoming wedding invite next weekend also sets off this mental alarm - Im really like adult-ish now. Haha.

Now that I am in the mood to write on my blog....here are some thoughts that I have on my mind at least once a day...

1. I don't understand which bloody English word do Singaporeans not understand by this piece of instruction: "Please only stand on left of escalator. Continue to move if you are standing on the right."

2. Trains really just annoy the hell out of me. Trains in the morning. URGH. And then I think of when I am able to afford a car......then remind myself I have to learn driving first. Then I will think of dating guys who drive hahaha. But that is just my thought process. I am really much more down to earth than that. Right?

3. Wo de ming zi shi "Lei". Bu shi "Huaze Lei" de "Lei". Shi wo "Lei" dao xiang qu si de "Lei".

4. I fantasize about leaving home and going overseas. Live with a man and do everything that my parents wouldn't like me to. And then think whether am I rebellious (at this age haha) or do I just want to live my own life.

5. I wonder when would life be better for me. More meaningful. I have read a few blogs and known a few people whom I admire greatly. They love and care for others from the bottom of their hearts. When will my heart be big enough to do that?

6. I wonder when will my family get out of the rut.

7. I wonder when I can tell everyone about the special one in my life.

Love, Auntie Axy.


10:21 PM

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥


Ang Xu Yun
Axy Pretty Pencils Pancakes Juliet
22
24 May 1988
NUS
angxuyun@hotmail.com

Tagboard


Archives
June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011