Sunday, April 18, 2010
Graduated Is My Middle Name
The past two weeks were perhaps the climax of my entire academic life, battling submissions and warring presentations (oh yeah, and quizzes) one after another. Last Thursday, I did the last quiz I would ever do, and presented the last presentation I would ever present in school. Nothing that ended off with a big bang and no ceremonies to bade me goodbye. The class just ended, and everybody took their own ways. As I graduated, I realised that there were many unsettled feelings and unsaid goodbyes. I guess on that day, I was really emotional and I was hoping to cling on to that last few moments in school, as a student, close to my heart. Suddenly, it seemed odd to be feeling for an institution which is rather cold and heartless in general.
Friday was officially the last day with the last class for me. And we all know Friday lessons are dates with our most charming lecturer of all times - Mr. Jorg Dietzel. It was a good wrap up with all the cheap thrills and squeals and giggles that came inevitably with Jorg's witty comments and frank remarks. I ended off the evening with dinner and dessert with Eunice, Weilin, Shuyi and Neil after a failed attempt in "stalking Jorg" in his Audi Convertible haha.
I have been pondering over writing a graduation post for the longest time, ever since perhaps Week 3 or something. But up till today, as I am typing this post, I still have zilch idea what to write to succinctly sum up my feelings upon graduation. Come to think of it, we have actually graduated, in a sense, countless times ever since Kindergarten. Along the way, many rivers have been cried (Timberlake, Justin, 2002) as we parted ways with our friends and moved on with our own lives in another sheltered environment known also as school.
But this time, it is different because I would finally be leaving school and take the first step into a new phase of life as a full fledged adult. I have many hopes and many dreams, I want to travel, I want to experience life and I want to get a good job (I want to buy bags). Yet, at this point in time, I have no idea what the future has in place for me. My diary after 16 April 2010 is empty but I hope the pages would be filled up soon, both with fun and work. I will remain optimistic and try to get my life in order, with everything in place. I hope to have good news for everyone soon. I am a little scared, a little nervous and yet excited. But it's okay because I will spread my wings and learn how to fly and I will do whatever it takes till I touch the sky (Clarkson, Kelly, 2004).
And, most importantly, I also know I have been blessed with people who love me and would be behind me all the way.
Love, Axy.
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥