Friday, January 1, 2010
Happy New Year!
Today is the first day of a brand new 2010! I have no pictures that I can claim personal credit for to encapsulate the last few precious moments of 2009 as with what most might have done. Thus, in words.......
What I did in the last week of 2009:
1) Monday - was out with my family for a Japanese lunch at Sunset Way, followed by a fruitless shopping trip at IMM. In the evening, we went over to my aunt's place to play with my little cousins (little like 2 and 3 years old kinda little), where they taught me and my sister how to say the Singapore pledge in Chinese. Like wow.
2) Tuesday - was thankgodloverisbackfromhongkongifnotiwouldjustdiesoon day. I met her at her place and she showered me with lots of love, care, concern and most importantly, presents (yay)! We then headed to town to get our lives organised by getting organisers for 2010. I got mine from Muji at 50% discount!
3) Wednesday - Hmmm did my nails and went shopping with my aunt. And then Julie's 21st birthday party at Fort Canning.
4) Thursday (NYE) - The submission of L'oreal Brandstorm. Omg, don't even get me started haha. It was like one of the essays you would write in Primary School which would be titled "My Unluckiest Day" or as Lemony Snicket put it, "A Series of Unfortunate Events". But finally, of course, all hurdles were overcame and we submitted it on time!
In the evening, I went over to Lover's place for a BBQ with her family and friends, where I completely basked in the warmth of their company. I think the Leong family is going to have a new member and that is me haha.
The countdown was at Lover's real lover's (her boyfriend) place where we jammed with fake instruments and recorded ourselves on video. As the New Year arrived, I felt a small little tug at my heart strings for a reason I have yet to come up with. Or perhaps too many reasons that I can't possibly just write them all down.
If a moment can be captured in a song which you were listening to at that moment, such that each time you listen to that particular song afterwards, you would be transported back to that memory, my song for this new year's eve would be "Everytime" by dear old Britney.
5) 010110. I did nothing spectacular in particular. Just at home.
Happy New Year friends! This year would certainly be a better year.
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥