Thursday, November 26, 2009
From the Bottom of My Broken Heart
(My heart is full and intact, though I'm not exactly sure whether or not is it bursting at its seams, but......the title just reflects another of Britney's song that I'm addicted to)
Okay, I am not sure which is more bimbotic. Getting addicted to Britney or........................
This afternoon was my GEK1502 exam, my food science module which I was complaining and whining about the whole semester. But, despite all of which, I studied so damn hard for this exam because I know I can't just make up things to write. It's bloody Science. So, I went for my exam pretty confident, but at the same time, pretty scared too. You know how when you studied so hard, you are just so nervous and jumpy and paranoid about everything?
I had the world of time. 2 essay questions in 2 hours. I took my own sweet pretty time and wrote. When I finished, i flipped through my script a couple of times to admire my work and felt a little lightheaded. I was happy that photosynthesis came out and I totally regurgitated every single little detail of the light dependent and light independent reactions I memorised. I could spell RuBP (Ribulose Biphosphate) in full. I crossed my arms and swung around on my roller chair in the lab. During the last twenty minutes of my paper, I took a look at the other candidates and I wondered why did they have so much to write and why were they so slow?
At 2.58p.m. thereabouts, 2 minutes before my paper ended, I got really bored waiting and I thought that I should read the first page of the exam instructions. And this was what I read, "do ONE compulsory question and TWO OTHER questions".
You do not require complicated mathematics to realise by now that I did one question short of what was expected. I laughed, and with my trembling hands, I wrote down Q4, the question I would have done if I had realised earlier. And then the invigilator said "time's up". Indeed. I popped the cherry. At the age of 21, going 22.
Flashback to the last two days......
I received words of encouragement in the mail from Yueying, in the form of words that she penned down, and a video of her saying inspiring things to me. Dear Yueying, it was really more than a pleasant surprise, it was like......the best thing you could ever give a friend, to tell her of the faith you have in her, in the simplest and most sincere manner. Why are you so good at such things?! I LOVE YOUUUUUU ((:
And, also, the past few days were spent at a secret place in NTU studying with Lover......
Look at our lover sandals.
This was what we saw in NTU, while walking briskly back to our secret place after lunch. So NOT true.
(Kidding)
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥