Saturday, September 12, 2009
First Allowance
I find myself recounting this anecdote to a couple of people this week. I wonder why is this still so vivid in my mind, as if it was just yesterday that it had happened.
14 years ago, I was only 7 years old, and I was very excited about entering Primary School. On the first day of school, my dad knelt down in front of the then miniature axy and handed me 2 fifty-cent coins. He held up the first fifty-cent coin and said, "this first fifty-cent is for your noodles," he paused and held up the second coin and said, "this is for your coffee."
At that time, I said, "Daddy, I don't drink coffee."
He said, "Buy tea then, or save it."
I said, "Okay daddy" and I put the 2 coins into my checkered red purse.
This is where I stopped the story. I didn't tell anyone that I bought bread in the end and saved the rest of the money. And my mum came to school during recess time to watch me eat and fussed over me a little bit.
Why did things change so much since then?
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥