Friday, August 7, 2009
Together We Feel The Singapore Heartbeat
(Guess which National Day theme song does the above line come from)
My sister returned home early this afternoon after the National Day Celebrations at school and the two of us started to go on Youtube to search for National Day theme songs.
We then had our very own Community Singing for National Day Celebrations 2009 in our cosy study on my Polly (Polly is my mini laptop. Name inspired from Polly Pocket, for obvious reasons).
We sang, with lots of patriotic emotions and national pride, these songs.
My Generation:
Home by Kit Chan
Stars and Crescent by Mavis Hee
Together by Evelyn Tan and Dream FMz
Moments of Magic by Tanya Chua, Fann Wong (F.W.!!!) and Elsa
Where I Belong by Tanya Chua
One United People by Stephanie Sun
We Will Get There by Stephanie Sun - I was very thankful for the dance that came along with this song because it saved the Crescent population at that time from the torturous mass runs. We mass danced instead.
Her Generation:
Reach Out For The Skies by Taufik Batisah and Rui En
Island Home by Kaira Gong
Will You by God Knows Who
This year's National Day Theme Song is What Do You See by I Don't Know Who.
I had always loved community singing for National Day back in Primary and Secondary school days. For some unknown reason, I would always feel the rush of heat to my cheeks while singing with extreme zeal and zest, like some body reflex action. Is this physical body reaction evident of my love for my country?
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥