<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/3674583875981875553?origin\x3dhttp://pretty-pencils.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Saturday, August 8, 2009

Fly Me To The Moon

Tonight's dinner was at Morton's Steakhouse with Weixiang. For some reason which I find too cumbersome to explain and too longwinded for you to read, we started our dinner with dessert first instead of the usual appetizers.

Morton's Coffee, $22. And bloody hell, it tasted really awful. Who puts Bailey's in coffee?! I think Yakun's better, I am traditional. And I ordered cheesecake (again) which Weixiang insisted looked like the one he baked for me. Well, I guess I cannot argue with the striking resemblance of both, but, with regards to taste, those who know, know. Hahaha.

So, we began with our dinner proper after that. It was really a nice place to have a slow dinner with its dim lights and quiet surroundings. We had Lobster Bisque, Ocean Platter and Ribeye Steak, which came in a very generous serving. The Ribeye was, true to its name, one of the most succulent charcoal grill of a beef I have ever had. Everything else was pretty much palatable.

Very interestingly, both of us, after eating the Cream Spinach Oysters from the Ocean Platter, and with our lack of appreciation for that much coveted seafood, agreed unanimously that, "Oysters must be the most revolting thing to eat EVER." Just when we were expressing our disinclination towards oysters, the waiter carried one huge plate of raw oysters past us, and served it at the table behind ours. We wanted to throw up.

We hung around the poolside at the hotel after dinner for a bit before leaving. On the way home in the cab, Weixiang dropped me a message saying, "Starbucks is much better" after getting coffee there.

11:59 PM

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥


Ang Xu Yun
Axy Pretty Pencils Pancakes Juliet
22
24 May 1988
NUS
angxuyun@hotmail.com

Tagboard


Archives
June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011