<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/3674583875981875553?origin\x3dhttp://pretty-pencils.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Sunday, July 5, 2009

Aroused

I was at a terribly boring Housewarming Party with my mom and my sister last night at Bt. Timah. This party was thrown by one of my mom's oldest friends who had just moved from a unit in one block to a unit in another block within the same private property in which she had stayed in for the past decade. Or more. My sister and I knew not a single soul at the party, and thus, we devoted our time there to helping ourselves with the food, pretty shamelessly.

My mom was actually feeling awkward too as she did not know most of the people there. But when she found someone to talk to, that was it, we were stuck there. Being a sweet daughter, I still gave my most winsome smile to people I barely knew.

At the apartment, when the situation was to our advantage, my sister and I took control of the very precious remote control. It was again, done in a pretty shameless way. So with that, we started watching the AYG 2009. I have never really watched any sports match with such careful attention. When I saw most of the swimmers wear Speedo, my favourite swimming brand, I was thrilled, I thought I could be a swimmer too. I was following so closely their timings and positions, and cheered quietly with my sister when Singapore won a something. This made me even more inspired to make swimming a huge part of my life. I am like SO MOTIVATED to break my own records! ((:

Can you answer these questions?
1) FIFA 2004 acknowledged that soccer originated from China. What was soccer called then?
2) What is the Chinese name of the tree Angsana?
3) What is the surname of Lao Tzu?
4) What is the birth name of Emperor Kangxi?

Just tonight, I watched a Chinese gameshow final which was held because of the Speak Mandarin Campaign 2009. They asked questions on Chinese history, literature, lifestyle and pop culture. With the combined effort of my sister and myself, we were both able to answer most of the questions! If only we had joined.

The questions were really interesting and I realised most of the knowledge I used in answering those questions were gained from the Chinese textbooks we had in Primary and Secondary school and also from watching Chinese TV and movies. I am so proud of being a Chinese and I am so inspired to learn more about Chinese history now! I really do think that it is cool to speak proper mandarin in a refined manner like how newscasters do it. Chinese history is so intriguing as well, I want to visit China again!

10:41 PM

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥


Ang Xu Yun
Axy Pretty Pencils Pancakes Juliet
22
24 May 1988
NUS
angxuyun@hotmail.com

Tagboard


Archives
June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011