Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Tuesday is Sweet.
Okay, so I have been pretty domestic these days. I cook and I bake. I have to say I really like cooking and baking a lot although I cannot put into exact words why I like doing so. The aftermath of each cooking and baking session is really quite a turnoff but the process and end result are often Sweet. Now, please note that I used the word "often" because there are just some days, by Murphy's law, things turn out unexpected.
Just this morning, I was preparing lunch for my family. I was cooking the same humble dishes that I have been cooking, not much of a change. The only change was that I was slightly more confident because I have been doing the same thing for a few times now. But today, my egg was too dry and my vegetables just tasted like rubber, or should I say salty rubber?
After lunch, I went to Julie's place to bake. We aspired to bake strawberry cheesecake cupcakes! We met at the supermarket to buy our baking supplies. Being amateurish bakers, there are many things we do not know. For instance, we do not know if "Whole Cream Milk" equals "Full Cream Evaporated Milk". We also do not know if Cream Cheese is really just Philadelphia's Cream Cheese Spread. We finally decided that our assumptions were correct. We took 1.5 hours to finish buying our supplies.

First batch. This was right before putting the cupcakes into the oven.
And this was how it turned out.
Well, at least we learnt our lesson. Full of energy and vigour, we started on our second batch.
And, this time it turned out right ((:
Do they not look good? ((: But sometimes, we should never judge a book by its cover. They were too sweet.
Today was also the day I sent in the application for my dream. Life is full of hope now. Let us just wait and see what happens.
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥